The Quemahoning Chillin’ for Charity Fund is looking for nonprofits to join its Winter Festival and Arctic Splash!
Does your organization want to do engage the community in a fundraiser? This annual mid-winter event, centered around a freezing lake plunge, is filled with family-friendly entertainment and camaraderie. To see what it’s all about, click here for a look at the website for the plunge this past February.
Last year, this event raised $19,000 collectively for 9 nonprofit participants.
To join the Chillin’ team, your group needs to:
1. Send consistent representation to monthly event planning meetings.
2. Take an active role in event preparation.
3. Recruit participants to raise funds for your organization.
4. Raise at least $2,500.00.
5. Donate up to 10% of the funds you raise towards event overhead. This figure may be lower, depending on costs.
Here’s a link to the application form, which also has more information. Please download this form, fill it out, and mail it to the address on the form. Deadline to apply is August 24th.
For questions, contact event coordinator Paula Epply-Newman: [email protected] / (814) 442-1628