Upgrading Our Technology to Serve You Better
Dear Donors and Nonprofit Partners:
We are in the process of implementing new, more efficient tools so we can do more of what we love: encouraging and supporting philanthropy that makes our region better every day, forever. Our newest upgrade includes software that will streamline our processes and also (happily!) create more user friendly interfaces for donors and fund representatives.
While we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth transition, we truly appreciate your patience if temporary delays in our normal, speedy operations arise over the next several weeks. If you are a Donor Central user, please watch your inbox for important information about accessing your fund information online. Thank you all for your interest in CFA and our community.
We anticipate that all changes will be completed by mid-May.
Here’s an overview of how these changes might affect you:
Current DonorCentral Users (Fund Representatives)
We will be mailing fund statements for the quarter ending March 31, 2020, for ALL fund representatives, including DonorCentral users. Access to the DonorCentral Portal is now closed. Here’s what you can expect during the transition:
- You will receive an email with instructions for creating a login on our new Fund Access Portal, including step-by-step instructions, by mid-May. If you need fund information during these transition weeks, please call our Donor and Development Services Officer Katrina Perkosky at (814) 208-8411 or send her an email: email@example.com.
- Check back for FAQs, video guides, and more. We’ll be right here to help or answer any questions you may have.
All Fund Holders
Our new software includes a new portal for making online donations. This means the link to make a donation to your fund (accessible by clicking the “DONATE NOW” button) will be updated. Important: This will only affect the link to the online donation form for your fund; the direct link to your fund’s page, which shows the fund description, will not change.
- We anticipate updating all the donation form links by April 30.
- If you have links to your fund embedded on your website or on a social media page, please double check those and reach out to Marie DeWerff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
Grant and Scholarship Applicants
Our new software includes an online application portal that will work seamlessly with our accounting system for more efficient grant and scholarship management.
- If you created and submitted applications in the past using SmarterSelect, nothing will change regarding those funding requests.
- Future applications (and final grant reports) will be submitted using the new system, which will mean creating new usernames and passwords.
- The links to our applications will still be found at the same locations on our website, our Grants Page and our Scholarships Page, and our deadlines will not change; you will simply be routed to a new application system.
- For nonprofits applying for help from the COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund, your process for requesting funding will not change. Please follow the directions outlined HERE.
Partnership Fund Organizers and Nonprofits
- If you have an active fundraiser on Classy, we will reach out to you directly about switching to our new online fundraising platform.
- We will be transitioning online fundraising for events from Classy to a new platform housed directly on cfalleghenies.org beginning July 1, 2020. You can find the Online Event Form as usual to start your campaign. (Simply mark “yes” that you want to use our online fundraising platform when you are completing the form.)
Thank you for your generosity and willingness to invest in our community on a regular basis. Our staff will reach out to you personally to set up your donation through our new payment processing system.
What’s not changing:
Our commitment to supporting donors and fund representatives. If you have any questions as we move through these changes together, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (814) 536-7741 or email Administrative and Technology Specialist Marie DeWerff at email@example.com.
Our capacity to process online donations and grant applications. Our new technology should allow for a smoother, simpler process for visitors to make online donations to funds at CFA and for nonprofits to request funding for projects to improve our community.
Our support for nonprofit partners. We will continue to provide online fundraising capabilities for our nonprofit partners who need an online platform to accept donations or process ticket sales. If you have a new fundraising event, you can fill out the online event form (CLICK HERE to access that form) as usual. If you have an active fundraiser on Classy right now, we will reach out to you about this change.