The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies and Berks County Community Foundation manage the Penelec Sustainable Energy Fund. They are seeking an intern to assist the organizations with marketing and communication efforts related to the Sustainable Energy Fund, which provides grants, loans, and equity investments for the development of renewable and clean energy technologies and energy conservation and efficiency programs within select regions of Pennsylvania. The internship would be located Berks County. For details about this opportunity, click here.
From January 1, 2013, to December 31, 2013, the Metropolitan Edison Company/Pennsylvania Electric Company Sustainable Energy Fund (Met-Ed/Penelec SEF) approved financing totaling $1,314,443.
- Leg Up Farm: $25,000
- MAREA: $25,000
- Reading Rising Park: $14,421
- Oley Valley High School: $6,022
- Somerset County Campus Foundation – Allegany College Md.: $25,000
- PA Environmental Council: $35,000
- Energy audits for 10 nonprofits in the combined territories: $100,000
- Zoological Society of Pittsburgh’s International Conservation Center: $9,000
- Greater Johnstown YMCA: $25,000
- Pittsburgh Gateways: $550,000
- Green Gas Pioneer Crossing: $500,000