The Community Foundation for the Alleghenies is the area’s only nonprofit designed to support a variety of philanthropic needs in our community—from education and community development to the environment and culture, and everything in between—through our donors. At the close of the 2016 Fiscal Year, the Foundation stands at 591 funds, distributing more than $5 million in grants, and more than $500,000 in scholarship awards, all supported by close to 5,000 individual donors. Our donors are our most important asset, as they allow us to perpetuate their vision for their community’s future.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and community-minded part-time administrative assistant to work in our Johnstown office. Successful candidates will have excellent organizational and time management skills and thrive in a busy office environment.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, and filing
- Welcome guests to our office and prepare coffee for meetings
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls in a friendly and personable manner
- Support our Board of Directors through scheduling meetings, preparing the agenda, preparing minutes, and organizing communications
- Support our Executive Director through general project support, scheduling meetings, and maintaining an organized calendar
- Manage preparations for staff meetings, including handling the agenda and setting up technology
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
Administrative Assistant Specific Responsibilities
- Answer/forward calls as appropriate
- Update and manage online accounts
- Greet guests, make coffee, order items, etc., as appropriate
- Assist with staff meeting agenda and needs
- Arrange for check signers and get checks signed
- Knowledge of organizational information to provide W-9, IRS determination letter, by- laws, and articles of incorporation
- Scan and save all investment statements
- File weekly payments in appropriate folders
- Purge all fiscal year filing annually and create new files at year end
- Event planning and general support
- Office miscellaneous duties, filing, mailings, etc.
Board and Committee Needs and Functions
- Prepare agenda and attachments
- Take minutes
- Maintain calendar
- Schedule meetings and make arrangements, including location and food/catering
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Keep calendar organized
- Provide general project support
The selected candidate’s compensation will be determined based on their experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.