The Memorial Hospital of Bedford County (MHBC) Foundation awarded $163,000 to eight Bedford County residents pursuing careers in the health care industry. The MHBC Foundation Fund is administered by the Community Foundation for the Alleghenies.
The Health Professions Scholarships Program awards up to $8,000 per year for up to four years to students who aspire to a career in health care, and requires an employment commitment.
This year’s recipients are:
- Maria Claycomb, New Paris, received the Mary Pearl Hunt Scholarship, 4 years, nursing
- Lydia Grimes, Bedford, received the Blackburn, 2 years, nursing
- Keyara Morgan, Imler, received the Blackburn, 2 years, nursing
- Tammie Payne, Breezewood, received the Obert, 2 years, family nurse practitioner
- Joshua Grimes, Bedford, received the Wiley, 4 years, physician assistant
- Alyxandra Ibarra, Bedford, received the Wiley, 2 years, nursing
- Darcee Diehl, Bedford, received the Wiley, 2 years, nursing
Trenton Husick, of Saxton, received the Thomas E. Bailey Memorial Scholarship, a one-time $3,000 scholarship available only to high school seniors that attend a Bedford County school. This aid is awarded with no employment commitment and is not based on financial need.
Congratulations to all of these students, who have worked hard to earn these awards.